Savukoski is located in the Eastern Lapland. Our neighbouring municipalities are Sodankylä, Pelkosenniemi and Salla. The best way to get to here is by car, but of course there are other options as well.
Travel by bus
When it comes to public transportation, the bus will bring you all the way. Check out the timetables from the websites of the operators. Please note, we have taxi transfer service available.
Taxi by invite operates in Savukoski. You can continue your bus trip from Pelkosenniemi onwards in a taxi with bus rates. Taxi by invite 30.6.-31.8.2020:
1) 7:00 am Savukoski-Pelkosenniemi Mon-Fri
2) 10:50 am Pelkosenniemi-Savukoski Mon-Fri (connection from the train,
Mon and Wed until Martti)
3) 17:50 pm Pelkosenniemi-Savukoski Fri
4) about 20:30 pm Pelkosenniemi - Savukoski Sun.
5) 9:00 am Martti-Savukoski Mon and Wed
6) 12:00 Savukoski-Martti Ma and Wed
Pelkosenniemi line tel. 040 730 6484
Martin line tel. +358 40 504 6496 / Sami Leskisenoja.